Dr. Engel is a board-certified Podiatrist, specializing in lower extremity foot and ankle reconstruction. He is a graduate of our local University of Wisconsin – Parkside continuing his education at the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine. He then went on to complete his surgical residency training in Chicago, at Thorek Hospital and Medical Center.
His practice is geared towards lower extremity foot and ankle deformity correction, trauma and sports medicine.
Surgical outcomes are continually monitored and evaluated for improved patient results. This, combined with the newest minimally invasive techniques, provide for the best possible patient experience.
His philosophy is that surgery is the last option, however when surgery is required, patient education and preoperative planning are key.
- Foot and ankle reconstruction.
- Ankle fractures.
- Chronic Achilles tendonosis and Achilles tendon rupture repair.
- Open in minimally invasive lateral ankle ligament repair.
- Medial ankle ligament repair
- Chronic plantar fasciitis and endoscopic plantar fascia release
- Minimally invasive Kobe guard plantar fascia release and Morton’s neuroma neurolysis
- Bunion hammertoe reconstruction
- Foot fracture intervention
- Noninvasive surgical options including platelet rich plasma injections, radiofrequency coblation and pro-inflammatory injections